Sunday 20 March 2011

Bunting



I didn't manage to do any making and doing yesterday (it was too nice to stay inside), but have just about made up for it today with not one but two sets of bunting.


The first set will be a Christening gift for a friend's daughter. I found this lovely duck egg blue polka dot fabric a few months ago and have been wondering what to do with it ever since. As Kirsty is not a fan of the tyranny of pink for baby girls, I thought this would work well for Violet's personalised bunting. With the addition of iron-on letters in Cath Kidston fabrics (thanks eBay!) and some red ribbon, it's made some lovely, not too girly bunting. I'm now wondering whether or not to add some flower buttons...



The second set is for me. Ages ago I fell in love with the Jane Austen book bunting from http://www.nellieandelsie.com/, but wanted to make something a bit more personal, using my favourite bits of Pride & Prejudice. I found a copy in a charity shop with thick, good quality pages and, together with the sweet ribbon from East of India, I think it makes a great addition to my bedroom shelves. Cutting up a book felt very wrong though: my ex-librarian mum will probably have something to say about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment