Tuesday 22 March 2011

Pottering around

I spent most of my afternoon looking frustratedly out of the window at the sunshine. Do you remember the feeling of being at school and stuck in a stuffy classroom, desperately wanting to be outside in the fresh air? Well, teachers feel it too.

By the time I got home the sun had pretty much gone (typical) but I still spent an hour pottering in the garden. I weeded the raised bed, gazed at the daffodils and pansies for a while and planted some herb seeds to sit on the kitchen windowsill.

The pottering continued when I came inside and took me to the spare room, where I admired my new favourite thing: this cushion.

Now, I love maps and my favourite place in the world is where my parents grew up - South Africa - so when I saw this at the My Bearded Pigeon shop on Etsy, it was worth even the shipping from Australia. It arrived a couple of months ago, but because it lives in my spare room I sometimes forget it's there and get very excited when (like today) I see it again.

My Bearded Pigeon have a host of other beautiful creations on Etsy that are well worth a look. (www.etsy.com/shop/mybeardedpigeon)

No comments:

Post a Comment