Wednesday 1 February 2012

Oh happy days

I've had two great days in a row (although my disappointment on realising, this afternoon, that it was Wednesday and not, as I thought, Thursday, cannot be understated).  Some good things that have happened...

a lovely meal out with friends last night; my two difficult bottom sets being immaculately behaved and generally wonderful, tackling Macbeth and Beowulf with aplomb; my new dress arriving from asos (it's got OWLS on it and it is amazing); receiving lovely comments about yesterday's blog post about feminism and crafts on Twitter and via email.  Do take a read and let me know what you think; finally getting my fringe trimmed, so I can now see without squinting through a curtain of hair; and most exciting of all (drum roll...), finding out I have been accepted as a Fulbright scholar for the teaching exchange programme!  Still quite a few things that need to be sorted out, and a few things that could go wrong, but all being well, I should be teaching in America come September.  I am jumping for joy!

Cartoon by Jacky Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment