Wednesday 20 June 2012

Who would buy a home like this?

Today's guest post comes from Sarah.  I only discovered her blog, sarahrooftops, recently, but it's now top of my reading list (and regularly makes me want to visit Aberdeen).  Anyway, here's what she has to say...

A friend of mine is in the process of selling of her house. I've never met a woman as clean and tidy as her; she hoovers three times a day and won't wait until her food's digested before scouring, drying and stowing away the dishes. When she told me that the instructions for preparing her home to be photographed were "impossible and unreasonable" I had to see them.

I've come to the realisation that my boyfriend and I can never sell our home.

Never.

The home which I thought had a healthy level of personality and could scrub up nice when we made the effort turns out to be completely unmarketable.

Here is a small taster of the photographer's instructions:

Remove everything but the kettle from the kitchen counters.


The bathroom should be naked but for the bath, shower, toilet and basin.

Don't store anything under the beds.




Remove all clutter and hide all pet accessories.




2 comments:

  1. ha, that would be pretty hard indeed! Especially the stuff from under the bed.. i darent look under ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have piles of stuff under my bed... in the understairs cupboard... in every wardrobes... Every surface is covered in things; books, jars, interesting finds. My house is clearly unsellable.

    ReplyDelete