Monday 23 July 2012

Murtaugh moments

It's been a while since I've seen Lethal Weapon, but Roger Murtaugh's (played by Danny Glover) oft-repeated phrase, "I'm too old for this sh*t" is referenced in a favourite episode of How I Met Your Mother.  And it's a phrase that has been circling my head over the past few days, as I wonder what possessed me to backpack around South Africa at the decrepit age of 34.  Don't get me wrong, I'm having a fabulous time, but I am definitely too old for this sh*t...

- having to scramble during a surf lesson because there's a Great White shark circling just off the beach;
- drumming circles around a campfire;
- partying until 4am when I have to be up at 6am;
- drinking games with Australian men;
- sitting on a cramped minibus for 12 hours;
- slathering myself in insect repellent and still ending up covered in mozzie bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment