Thursday 5 July 2012

What should I put on my wall?

I have a large wall in my living room that I want to fill with new prints and I am thinking that typography is the way to go.  One small problem though... there are so many lovely prints out there that I don't know which to choose.  Any suggestions?
I love this 'Bake more cake' letterpress print, from Print for Love of Wood via Folksy.  The muted green is particularly pretty, but I wonder if it belongs in a kitchen rather than a living room.


I like the simplicity of this design, by Graphic Anthology via Etsy.  Definitely top of the list.


This 'Happiness Manifesto' makes me very, well, happy.  Full of advice that I would do well to take note of, it's from Sugar Rush UK via Etsy.  I love it very much, but it's perhaps too similar to the Aardvark manifesto that I already have gracing my living room wall.
Finally, I saw this 'Just be' framed print in the window of Oliver Bonas in Cambridge and fell instantly in love.  It's £60 though... gulp.

One annoying thing is that, although the prints above all match each other very nicely, none of them go with my living room, which is presently dominated by a large purple sofa and red cushions.  I'm wondering if it's time to change the colour theme as well as the pictures.  Or is it ridiculous to decorate a room around what I put on the wall?!

2 comments:

  1. I decorated with pictures in mind. I have a big purple sofa and red cushions, too, and they TOTALLY go with my sage green walls so perhaps some these prints would actually work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy the lovely grey sofa slipcover I have my eye on at Bemz.com!!

      Delete