Tuesday 25 September 2012

How I spent my day off

Today was my second day off of the year (I've started teaching nine days a fortnight, so I have two days off a month), and I've been very industrious.  In fact, in future I think I might try and take things a little easier, as I'm knackered now!



1. Visiting the garden centre to buy violas and pansies for the back yard.
 2. Choosing books to share at tonight's inaugural book group (basically the members of my craft club diversifying into different ways to spend a Tuesday evening!).
3. Sewing cushion covers out of fabric I bought in Africa this summer.
4. Chopping and stacking logs for the fire.
5. Baking caramel cupcakes.  I'm not overly impressed with the Hummingbird Bakery recipe, which was overly fiddly and seems to have produced stodgy cakes.  Boo.
6. Cleaning the house and dusting my bookshelves, as I'm hosting the book group tonight.

2 comments:

  1. All that in a day? I feel shamed in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up feeling very ill on Wednesday; I think I need to take it a bit easier next time!

      Delete