Sunday 16 September 2012

My weekend shenanigans

I am ever so tired this evening after a fab weekend full of fun.  I started early, with a night out on Thursday (to the ace Craftwerk session at The Crumbling Cookie in town: it's a bit like competitive Blue Peter crafting, with added alcohol and music.  Basically, my perfect night out), which left me slightly tender-of-head for work on Friday.


Saturday found me in Stratford-Upon-Avon with Leanne, where we saw an ace pavement trail with cryptic/odd/funny messages carved into the paving slabs.  My favourite was one I didn't get a photo of: "That pigeon's looking at me funny".  A lovely lunch at Othello's (highly recommended) was followed by a trip to the theatre, dah-ling.  Much Ado About Nothing is by far my favourite Shakespeare play, and the production at the RSC did not disappoint.  Fabulously funny and lushly staged, it had an all-Asian cast and an Indian setting.  Wonderful music, staging and performances.



Today I dropped in to the Leicester Good Food Fair at Belgrave Hall and bought myself some goodies, before driving up to Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire to meet my brother.  The ensuing three hours stumbling around the woods couldn't really be called hiking; there wasn't one moment on the entire walk when we knew where the hell we were, and the map book was no use.  We were just one candy cottage away from it all going a bit Hansel & Gretel (and the spooky, dead trees did not help one bit!).

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so much fun! I really want to blog about it, but every time I go I get too wrapped up in the craft (and the drinking!) to take proper photographs. Next time...

      Delete