Tuesday 4 September 2012

The Rough Trade Album Club

I can't for the life of me remember if I've blogged about this before, so if I'm repeating myself I apologise, BUT I just had to share this amazing find. 

London record label and record shop Rough Trade have been running their Album Club for a while now.  The deal is that you sign up for membership for a selected period - either 3, 6 or 12 months - for a price starting from £12 a month for basic membership (which gets you one album, Rough Trade's Top Pick of the month, plus a fold-out guide - see left - and usually a bonus CD featuring tracks from the other album picks that month) up to a whopping £120 a month (which would get you all ten albums of the month).  Don't like the Top Pick album?  Not a problem, you simply send it back and they'll exchange it for any of the other nine albums.  Recent picks include Swedish folk-pop star The Tallest Man On Earth, hotly tipped singer Lianne La Havas and the new album from Liars.

Membership of the Album Club makes a fab present for music lovers: my brother and my best friend have both been recipients over the past couple of years and both times the gift was a great hit.  After all, who doesn't like getting a nice surprise in the post once a month?  For more info take a look at their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment