Tuesday 30 October 2012

A dreaded sunny day

It will shock precisely no-one to find out that I was the kind of black-wearing, Smiths-listening teenager who liked to hang out in graveyards.  Even the name of this blog is an homage to The Smiths' song Cemetery Gates.  And when you have a day off during the week, and it's sunny, and all your friends are hard at work, what's a girl to do but wander around a cemetery? 

"So we go inside and we gravely read the stones
all those people all those lives
where are they now?
with the loves and hates
and passions just like mine
they were born
and then they lived and then they died..."
 

 

 
 


3 comments:

  1. The close up of the angel is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm a bit in love with that statue (does that sound wrong?!)

      Delete
    2. Although it did remind me a bit of the terrifying weeping angels in Dr Who- taking the close-up of the hand I was half-convinced it was going to grab me! I have such an over-active imagination...

      Delete