Monday 11 March 2013

Music Monday: Tame Impala


I know I've been banging on about them a lot recently, but I'm ridiculously obsessed with Tame Impala's album, Lonerism, at the moment.  It might still be cold, damp and grey outside (seriously - is this the longest winter ever or what?) but their music makes me think of sun-soaked days, summer dresses, sandals, picnics, and staying outside late into the long, light nights.  So, y'know, all the things we won't be able to do in this country because it is just going to rain for evermore. 

Waking up to snow this morning put me even more in need of some happy summery tunes to remind me that better times are (hopefully) ahead.  Tame Impala are from Australia, which explains a lot.  I can't imagine they could write similar music if they were from Prestatyn or Bridlington.  Here's Feels Like We Only Go Backwards, to put you in a summer frame of mind.  Perhaps if we all think about it hard enough, the seasons might show some inclination to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment