Monday 15 April 2013

Music Monday: music to workout to

Not so long ago I started going to the gym again on the regular.  Music plays a massive part in my workouts; without my iPod, there is no way I would push myself as hard as I do on the cross-trainer or exercise bike.  I'm a creature of habit when it comes to a gym playlist, and (with a few additions along the way) have had the same songs spurring me on to ever-greater speeds since I first signed up at a gym eight years ago.  So, my top ten songs to workout to are...


1. Brianstorm by Arctic Monkeys (many's a time I've almost done myself an injury by trying to keep the cross-trainer at the same speed as the song)
2. Have I Been A Fool by Jack Penate (or, in fact, any single from his debut album: Spit At Stars and Torn On The Platform are equally good)
3. Suffer For Fashion by Of Montreal
4. Tarantula by Pendulum (a rare non-indie song on the list, but great to run or row to)
5. Dismantle Me by The Distillers
6. Giddy Stratospheres by The Long Blondes
7. Cassius by Foals
8. The Bears Are Coming by Late Of The Pier
9. Now I'm All Over The Shop by Maximo Park (Apply Some Pressure works a treat too)
10. Bamarang by Skrillex

No comments:

Post a Comment