Wednesday 29 May 2013

Day 29: My morning ritual

I've documented a non-work morning here: when I'm at school it's all a bit manic and rushed after my alarm goes off at half 6.  At the weekends, though, I wake up at a more leisurely hour and drag myself from my lovely, cosy bed...


I have piles of pillows, a big feather duvet, a great vintage quilt and the comfiest bed ever, so getting out of it is a real challenge some mornings!


Have a cup of tea and some toast while reading either a magazine, The Guardian, or a book, depending on the day.  I prefer non-fiction in the morning, for some reason (I think it's because I know that, if I start reading a novel, the danger is that I'll get sucked in and never get anything else done!).


Just a taster of the many, many products I rely upon to leave the house in the morning.  I can't remember the last time I went out without make-up: maybe some time in 1992?  My routine goes like this: moisturiser and lip balm.  Foundation, cream blush, powder.  Eyebrow pencil, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara.  Straighten hair (or scrape back into a topknot) and use serum to control the frizz.  Spritz of perfume (L'Occitane Ambre is my favourite at the moment) and I'm finally good to go!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxed start to the day. Your bed looks so comfy! Totally agree about not reading novels in the morning - not a hope of getting anything else done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bed really does look comfy! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know if you skip all that make-up stuff you could totally have more time in bed in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I do! My reliance on make-up is a whole other post :(

      Delete
  4. I have that same bed!

    Mine doesn't look quite so beautifully styled though - it usually has things hanging from the bedposts and more often than not is covered with clutter throughout the day. :-) x

    ReplyDelete