Sunday 10 November 2013

Day 10: Top 10 non-fiction books

The prompt for Day 10 was to write something different, and I quite fancied doing an outfit post, but then The Boy went away for the weekend so I have no-one to take photographs of me.  I still want to try and do something different later in the week, but for today here's something very much NOT different: books!
 

I've written another guest post for Daire's Non Fic November: my top ten non-fiction books.  It was SO hard to narrow it down to just ten, and I'm already thinking of books I missed off: Elizabeth Wurtzel's Prozac Nation, Dreams Of My Father by Barack Obama, many wonderful books about South Africa (I think my favourites are Ways Of Staying by Kevin Bloom and Rian Malan's My Traitors Heart), and also all of the books about books that I love (Howard's End Is On The Landing by Susan Hill and Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman are my top picks). 

1 comment:

  1. It really is difficult to pin down a top ten in non-fiction if you're a big reader. I think you did a great job with that list. Some excellent books in there and a few I've not heard of so I appreciate the suggestion. Thank you. I couldn't even begin to structure an ordered list but my top pick would go to Joy Chudacoff's What's Next? http://whatsnextthebook.com/
    I'm not normally a big fan of self improvement books but this one is a cut above the rest and it really struck a chord with me. I think there are a hell of a lot of women out there that would welcome the advice this books offers and really benefit from it. Thanks again for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete