Friday 27 December 2013

Seen & heard: November & December


1. Gravity was The Boy's choice on a recent date night, and I have to admit that I wasn't overly keen on seeing it (having read one too many tweets lamenting either its length and lack of action or, conversely, the extreme tension and stress felt while viewing). But I really enjoyed it; how nice to see a woman in the leading role of an action/sci-fi flick.

2. Knocked Up was a re-watch this month.  Always funny, but the cameos by Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill, Martin Starr, Charlene Yi and Jason Segel are the best things about it.


4. As I do every year, I watched A Christmas Carol at school with year 6.

5. I only saw Elf for the first time last year, but I think its viewing may become a new festive tradition.  This time round, I introduced The Boy to the tale of Buddy the Elf; ever since, he has taken to calling me 'Elf' when I get too over-excited and shrieky about Christmas.


6. My mum and I watched The Family Stone on Christmas Eve and wept copiously, as always.  It's one of my favourite Christmas films.

7. Finally, I can hardly believe that I'd never seen It's A Wonderful Life before!  Luckily, our local independent cinema had a charity screening in aid of Action Homeless, so The Boy and I took ourselves down there.  It made a brilliant end to a long and gruelling term at school (even if we did go through rather a lot of tissues).

Heard...


If it's November and December, then Sufjan Stevens' two Christmas collections - Songs For Christmas  and Silver & Gold - will be on constant rotation round my way.  Seriously, I've listened to almost nothing else for the past five weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray, we watch It's a Wonderful Life at the cinema every Christmas now, I can never stop myself tearing up! Hope you had a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, we watch It's a Wonderful Life at the cinema every Christmas now, I can never stop myself tearing up! Hope you had a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete