Thursday 14 August 2014

What I wore: On holiday


Ok, so obviously I'm in my back yard and not on holiday, but this was my go-to outfit when we were pounding the pavements of Amsterdam and Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago.  Dress, roomy tote bag into which I could cram a water bottle, camera, book, suncream, etc, and comfy Converse trainers for when my feet got too sore in sandals.  We were travelling with carry-on luggage only, so space was at a premium and I was glad to have found quite a few dresses in the previous weeks that, like this one, were easy to pack and loose-fitting enough to feel cool even on hot days.

Size 16 in H&M is always a tricky one - some stuff fits fine but a lot doesn't, so I was really pleased to find that this pretty heart print dress fit me perfectly (although only midgets may apply - the skirt is short on me and I'm pretty tiny!).  I'm quite tempted to go back and buy it in the other patterns and, at £12.99, it's not exactly going to bankrupt me.

* Dress: Divided at H&M * Bag: Alphabet Bags * Shoes: Converse via Office


6 comments:

  1. Aw that rules me out then! I love this bag tho, I'm really into all the letter print stuff floating about at the mo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really recommend the bags from Alphabet Bags - the cotton is nice and thick so it holds its shape really well and is sturdy enough to cart around loads of stuff.

      Delete
    2. I really like the bag too! I went on their site but I can't really justify buying a bag that I currently have no identifiable use for...

      Delete
  2. Hi:) I find h&ms sizing so off too! I tried on sz12 chinos which fit perfectly, and sz12 jeans which I couldn't get over my knees! Totally illogical. Love the tote bag, btw :)
    Freya May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that too - a size 16 will fit me fine on one item, but be tiny on another. Their basics range tends to run big, so in that I'm a M or even a S! Bonkers.

      Delete
  3. Ah I have that bag! Great gift from a friend. Alas my 'J' is looking pretty beaten up nowadays through over use!

    ReplyDelete