Tuesday 16 September 2014

What I wore: The last days of summer


Last month I visited my mum and step-mum and badgered them into taking me to my very favourite place on earth: Hebden Bridge. Hebden is amazing for so many reasons, but ace vintage shopping is pretty high up there. Hotcakes Vintage, just off the main A646 through the town, is one of my favourite vintage shops and I was delighted to find this 1980s-does-1950s midi skirt for a mere £12. I'd resigned myself to putting it away unworn for the winter when, last weekend, the sun made another appearance.


Paired with a trusty black tee and my bargain Swedish Hasbeens (£48 in the sale, thanks to Jen on Twitter for letting me know!), it was the perfect outfit for a lazy Sunday morning brunch at Phoenix Arts before an early afternoon showing of Guardians Of The Galaxy.  The only thing I think this outfit is missing is a kick-ass necklace or some other piece of jewellery, but I'm notoriously bad at accessorising so if anyone has any ideas on what to pair with this, I'm all ears.

* Skirt: Hotcakes Vintage * T-shirt: H&M * Sandals: Swedish Hasbeens *