Monday 1 June 2015

The Buyer's Archive: May


Compared to previous months, I did well in May. Although the total spent - £111 plus €17 - seems high, that's entirely thanks to the insanely expensive tankini (big boob problems: cheap high street swimming costumes are a no-go). However, the dress from New Look was paid for with a credit note, bringing my actual cash spend down to £79 & €17. I love that everything I bought this month goes together; throw in a pair of shoes and a cardigan, and it's the perfect capsule holiday wardrobe, with a rockabilly tinge.

Polka dot tankini, Bravissimo £64
I didn't actually need a new swimming costume  - I already have a functional tankini plus a fancier set that I've worn precisely never, which will now go onto eBay - but look at how cute this is! Clearly it belonged in my life. The red polka dot and gingham print is super cute and looks ace next to the floral sleeve tattoo on my arm. Now I really want to go on a beach holiday so I can show this off.

Navy blue polka dot dress, Apricot via New Look £32
I'd just been thinking I needed a new navy polka dot dress in my life when I stumbled upon this in New Look. The structured fabric means it's smart enough for work and, as I had a credit note to spend, I decided to treat myself.

Red gingham dress, Sainsburys £15 (with 25% off - not online)
I popped into Sainsburys last Friday to pick up some tights, loo roll and a loaf of bread, and came out with this insanely adorable dress as well. Isn't it very Lindy Bop? At £15 I couldn't resist, even though it's far too long for me and I think taking up a circle skirt might be beyond my capabilities as a seamstress.

Navy blue polka dot dress, C&A €14
Ok, so perhaps I didn't need two blue polka dot dresses in the same month, but for that price it had to come home with me! This second dress is subtly different to the Apricot one - lighter fabric, so more casual (this will be a Janet dress rather than a Ms Brown one), with more of a sleeve (I prefer to have my shoulders covered), and a full skirt perfect for twirling.

I Like Big Books And I Cannot Lie tote bag, bookshop in the Netherlands €3
Because I do, and I can't.