Sunday 30 August 2015

Photo An Hour: Saturday 29th August

Yesterday was Jane and Louisa's monthly Photo An Hour. Thomas and I are up my mum & step-mum's this weekend, so my day panned out a little differently than usual.


8.30am:
Up bright an early today. It was Thomas's birthday on Saturday - 29 on the 29th! - so he opened his cards first thing while leaving gifts for later in the day (I've obviously been a bad influence; you may remember from June's photo an hour that I didn't open my gifts until the day after my birthday!).

9.30am:
My usual morning routine when I'm staying at my mum's: a toasted bagel, a cup of tea, and a read of Saga Magazine. Honestly, it's a better read than most mainstream women's mags!


10.30am:
Thomas was playing at an anti-fascist football tournament in Leeds today (hence why we're staying at my mum's), so I needed to check the map for our route before setting off to take him.

11.30am:
Back home briefly before mum and I set off for a day out. I love the agapanthus in her front garden.


12.30pm:
Just arrived in Haworth (home of the Bronte sisters), and I couldn't resist taking a picture of this footpath sign. I know I'm a child, but Penistone is never not funny.

1.30pm:
Walking down the cobbled main street of Haworth (full post to follow).


2.30pm:
Heading back to the car park, which is next to the Bronte Parsonage Museum. If you've never been, do go - it's fascinating - but as we've visited before, we gave it a miss this time.

3.30pm:
My mum has been deaf for most of my adult life, so when I took an interest in her haul of ace 60s & 70s vinyl, she suggested some of it could go home with me. Cat Stevens, Simon & Garfunkel, The Beatles and Carole King are just a few of the gems I picked up.


4.30pm:
Time for tea. I liked how the textures of wood, china mug and rug contrasted in this image.

6.30pm:
I somehow managed to miss the 5.30 picture - I think I was driving back to Leeds at the time to collect Thomas. Here he is, sweaty and tired, in his shirt for FC Kolektivo Victoria (the team he plays with in Leicester) having just finished the final match of the day.


7.30pm:
Another #photoanhour disaster: my picture for 7.30 disappeared (it was a picture of the paneer massala I had for my dinner) so I took a bonus picture of some pretty clouds... and now that has also disappeared from my phone! So here's a third one I took, of the even prettier clouds at sunset.

8.30pm:
Time for presents and cake!


9.30pm:
One of Thomas's favourite gifts. M nickname for him is "bear," because he's huge and hairy (seriously, he'd be such a hit at a bear bar, should he ever decide to date men). Having spent so long in the Netherlands, he also rides his bike everywhere. So of course, what else could I get him but a print of a bear riding a bike? Edited to add that you can buy the print here.

10.30pm:
Almost time for bed: pyjamas on, book in hand.